Al Zatkow
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Admin
Admin
https://alzatkow.forumotion.com

Original games that members have some development on Empty Original games that members have some development on

Wed May 09, 2018 10:39 am
It appears we have several games in our pitches that actually already have some development going on, rather than other pitches (such as mine) that are only that -- pitches. I think it is important to note the ones that are already started, as it may be easier to bring one of those to the demo phase. This is not necessarily true, but I think it would be helpful to the team to know if certain games we have in our potential rotation have already been started. I think we should put Buoyancy, and both Chris T's and Maytee's card games in this section. If any of your other pitches have development already on them, let us know!
mtippaart
mtippaart

Original games that members have some development on Empty Progress

Wed May 09, 2018 6:18 pm
Instead of writing about my progress, I've created this table to show where exactly I am in terms of the different aspects to my card game. Oh, by the way the name is "Divergence: Heroes throughout Time". It's what I was working with for a good 6 months but willing to change it to something else. It started off as Tempest > Tempest TCG > Divergence > Divergence: Heroes throughout Time.

Original games that members have some development on Pitch_10
AzuralStrike

Original games that members have some development on Empty Re: Original games that members have some development on

Wed May 09, 2018 7:39 pm
Game development for CardBound includes some of the following

Minor art assets
-card frames
-textures
-normals
-3 characters
-deck box ideas
-and a very basic field

Programming includes
-made in unity first of all
-deal function
-draw function
-select card function
-AI move to counter
-player and AI moves continued till game runs out of cards.
-each race has basic win features to destroy losing card
-players hand reveals only card that can beat current opponent card while flipping others face down.
Note: there were some bugs so some things happened randomly and I hadn't fixed yet like new drawn card is face up. Player can select any face up card and win when they shouldn't. Etc so programming will need to be looked at to determine exactly how far it is into development. I don't think it's far by any means but I have a very playable tech demo to show the basic concepts. Feel free to give criticism to my coding as it's ok. I am not super programmer.
Sponsored content

Original games that members have some development on Empty Re: Original games that members have some development on

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum